Jon Driver died suddenly on 28th November 2011. Jon was a wonderful individual; a loving son, husband, father and brother; and an irreplaceable friend and colleague.

This is a place for everyone who knew Jon to share our memories of him and through this to help celebrate his life.

If you would like to add a description of your memories of Jon to this blog please contact g.rees@ucl.ac.uk with the text you would like posted. We welcome any contribution, from short snippets to longer pieces. Please bear in mind this is a place to remember Jon and to help celebrate his life.

As well as this blog, there is also a photograph album to which friends and colleagues are most welcome to contribute. If you would like to add one or more pictures please email it/them to g.rees@ucl.ac.uk

2 December 2011

from Bob Turner

I knew Jon not just as a colleague, good friend and much appreciated ally, but as a close neighbour in North London. When he, Nilli and their first son moved into our tiny street of 12 houses more than ten years ago, it began to feel like a real community. Jon and Nilli contributed greatly to our collective neighborhood plans to upgrade our unadopted street, a friendly oasis with occasional street parties, in the anonymity of the huge city. Jon's good sense, shrewdness, cheerfulness and confidence always raised our spirits.

It was the same when Jon asked for my help in planning UCL Psychology's own MRI scanner--it was a huge pleasure to work with him. His motivation was transparent--real scientific understanding, opening of doors. And he was such a brilliant speaker--though it must be well over ten years ago, I can still remember the actual slides he showed when I first heard him describe neglect.

I will never forget, either, the warmth and genuine sincerity of Jon's congratulations when I found my new appointment in Germany in 2006. He is someone I really missed after I left--and now I will always miss him.