Jon Driver died suddenly on 28th November 2011. Jon was a wonderful individual; a loving son, husband, father and brother; and an irreplaceable friend and colleague.

This is a place for everyone who knew Jon to share our memories of him and through this to help celebrate his life.

If you would like to add a description of your memories of Jon to this blog please contact g.rees@ucl.ac.uk with the text you would like posted. We welcome any contribution, from short snippets to longer pieces. Please bear in mind this is a place to remember Jon and to help celebrate his life.

As well as this blog, there is also a photograph album to which friends and colleagues are most welcome to contribute. If you would like to add one or more pictures please email it/them to g.rees@ucl.ac.uk

4 December 2011

from David Soto

I have always been a fan of Jon Driver's work. Ten years back in Spain when I was doing my PhD some of the first influential papers I read were his contribution to an special issue in Cognition on 'Objects and Attention' and his fantastic single author paper in Nature back in 1996. It was then my pleasure to meet him in a couple of occasions, the later when he invited me to give  a talk at the ICN a couple of years ago; Jon was really kind and nice to me on that day; I felt really honoured to have him as a host!  I will always remain a fan of his work. I have not had the opportunity to know him better as a person but this week I felt a great loss. My deepest sympathies go for his family, colleagues and friends.