Jon Driver died suddenly on 28th November 2011. Jon was a wonderful individual; a loving son, husband, father and brother; and an irreplaceable friend and colleague.

This is a place for everyone who knew Jon to share our memories of him and through this to help celebrate his life.

If you would like to add a description of your memories of Jon to this blog please contact g.rees@ucl.ac.uk with the text you would like posted. We welcome any contribution, from short snippets to longer pieces. Please bear in mind this is a place to remember Jon and to help celebrate his life.

As well as this blog, there is also a photograph album to which friends and colleagues are most welcome to contribute. If you would like to add one or more pictures please email it/them to g.rees@ucl.ac.uk

2 December 2011

from Chris Bird

For my first meeting with Jon as my manager at the ICN we went to a local cafe. He ordered himself two sandwiches and we sat down at a table, whereupon he gave me an unbroken stream of helpful advice; managing my projects, redesigning my experiments and general career advice. After about 15 minutes it was clear that our meeting was coming to an end and I was struggling to keep up with everything Jon had said. At this point I noticed that he had managed to eat both sandwiches despite not apparently having paused to draw breath. I shall greatly miss Jon’s useful and insightful comments delivered at breakneck speed. More generally, Jon will always be remembered for carrying out some of the most elegant and ingenious experiments in the field of cognitive neuroscience.