Jon Driver died suddenly on 28th November 2011. Jon was a wonderful individual; a loving son, husband, father and brother; and an irreplaceable friend and colleague.

This is a place for everyone who knew Jon to share our memories of him and through this to help celebrate his life.

If you would like to add a description of your memories of Jon to this blog please contact g.rees@ucl.ac.uk with the text you would like posted. We welcome any contribution, from short snippets to longer pieces. Please bear in mind this is a place to remember Jon and to help celebrate his life.

As well as this blog, there is also a photograph album to which friends and colleagues are most welcome to contribute. If you would like to add one or more pictures please email it/them to g.rees@ucl.ac.uk

2 December 2011

from Steve Tipper

Jon was one of my closest friends.  We met when he started his PhD and we shared an office for a couple of years.  We remained close over all the subsequent years: he always had time for his old friend, a pint or three, dinner, and a chat.  Most importantly he was loyal and supportive to me.  I am truly devastated by the news of his death, and my heart goes out to Nilli and the boys, the family he loved above all else.

There are many stories about Jon's brilliance.  One I recall reflected his talent as a writer, something I have always found hard going, to say the least.  I arrived at his office to arrange an evening out.  He told me he was just starting a paper, as I could see from the first sentences under the heading "Introduction".  A three-experiment study, to be about a 15 to 20 page MS.  I returned about 3 or 4 hours later for him to request just another 10 minutes, so he could submit it now.  No re-writes, cutting and pasting or second thoughts for Jon: close to perfect in one go.

This is just a snap shot of the man, a super-star in the world of Cognitive Neuroscience, but more importantly, my dear friend.