Jon Driver died suddenly on 28th November 2011. Jon was a wonderful individual; a loving son, husband, father and brother; and an irreplaceable friend and colleague.

This is a place for everyone who knew Jon to share our memories of him and through this to help celebrate his life.

If you would like to add a description of your memories of Jon to this blog please contact g.rees@ucl.ac.uk with the text you would like posted. We welcome any contribution, from short snippets to longer pieces. Please bear in mind this is a place to remember Jon and to help celebrate his life.

As well as this blog, there is also a photograph album to which friends and colleagues are most welcome to contribute. If you would like to add one or more pictures please email it/them to g.rees@ucl.ac.uk

1 December 2011

from Claire Sergent

Jon was my first supervisor in cognitive neuroscience. I was an undergraduate student in Biology, having spent most of my time with molecules, plants, and brain slices from mice. But I wanted to study how the human mind/brain works. That's when Jon welcomed me in his lab for one wonderful year. The first time I met him, I proudly told him that in order to be ready for my internship in experimental psychology, I had read several essays from Freud during the Summer. He burst out laughing. I soon came to understand why. I also soon came to understand how incredibly lucky I was to have him as my supervisor. He taught my how, with open-mindedness, method and perseverance, it is indeed possible to start understanding how the human mind/brain works. For that, I am immensely grateful. Beyond the sadness, I keep very found and illuminating memories of him.